The Johnstons

The Johnstons

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Another Year

Another year….

Next week we celebrate our third year of wedded happiness.  I can still remember how I felt that day.  I’m not a person who likes to be the center of attention (at all) and wouldn’t you know it…I marry into the biggest loving family on the planet.  There were close to 200 family and friends spending our wedding day with us and I had to walk down an aisle in front of all of them in a beautiful long white gown and three inch heels with the goal of not falling.  I can remember watching my sisters and my best friends make the walk down the aisle before me and then I remember the doors being shut for my grand appearance…I remember closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, saying a short prayer and then when the doors were opened I looked up and my eyes shot straight to the front of our Church to meet Josh’s and he just smiles at me.  Peace overcame my anxiety as I looked at him, I don’t remember seeing a single other person in that room on my walk to stand beside him. I married the man that I consider my biggest blessing on this planet and I am fortunate to be able to share the rest of my life with him.

Next week is also the three year anniversary of when we decided that we were ready to become parents….a family. Three years…WOW.

This week of anniversaries comes with great joy and sorrow to me.  I have found that the last couple of years I grieved with full focus on what we weren’t being blessed with…not this year…this year I’m going to celebrate this passing date on the calendar as something that has brought my husband and me so much closer.  We could have allowed infertility to damage the amazing relationship that we share.  Instead we took each other’s hands and walk forward… with God…together, stronger and ready to face this for as long it takes.

God has a plan for our marriage despite our struggle.  He is still working and moving through our lives.  He teaches us lessons we never could have learned any other way.  Perhaps that’s what He is waiting on with us.  Maybe He’s waiting on just the right time to bring just the right child into our lives.  Or perhaps He’s waiting until just the right time to give us the peace we need to know that it is okay to stop trying.  Whatever His plan, we can rest in the promise that His plans are perfect, His timing is impeccable, and His heart and love for us is deep.  God is faithful in all of His promises.  He is faithful through infertility. He is faithful in all of His promises…He is faithful and therefore we will keep our faith in Him.

Happy Anniversary to my dear husband.  I love you!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment: